News & Events
The world of tax and business is everchanging.
We are committed to providing our clients and contacts with regular tax and business updates.
To receive these, we invite you to subscribe to our regular newsletters which you can do so from our homepage.
To view our current and past newsletters, please click on the Newsletter link.
- Employers: Beware “left-field” FBT liabilities It is generally understood that for fringe benefits tax (FBT) to apply, the benefits paid are usually in respect of an employment relationship. Where some businesses have tripped up in the past however is where this relationship is not clear cut – that is, where non-cash components of remuneration are sourced not directly from you... Read more » 3.03.2016 | Read more
- Good Practice Checklist For SMEs Good business practices add value to a business. It involves identifying tasks that must be done to keep a business in good shape, and ensuring those tasks are carried out consistently and regularly. This checklist helps Australian small businesses identify some of the tasks critical to good business practice. If you regularly undertake these tasks,... Read more » 18.02.2016 | Read more
- Leadership One of the biggest challenges for business management is the development of appropriate leadership strategies for a business. Various studies have indicated that the most important element in improving productivity is leadership. Well-led organisations are 12% more productive and up to 3 times more profitable. More…. 18.02.2016 | Read more
- Got your car log book ready? When claiming for work-related car expenses, many taxpayers miss out on maximising their claim due to inadequate record keeping. But also, failing to maintain a valid car log book can cost taxpayers dearly in a Tax Office audit. More…. 2.02.2016 | Read more
- Business Operations in the New Environment Insolvency Laws Reform The government has acknowledged that, in many instances, entrepreneurs will fail several times before they “make it” and the enterprises will usually learn a lot in the process. To help these entrepreneurs to succeed the government has indicated it will require a “cultural shift”. The government wants to encourage Australians to take... Read more » 21.01.2016 | Read more
- Supporting Innovation through Visas The government has indicated that a high performing innovative nation needs skilled talented people to drive ideas from research to commercial reality. To assist this process the government intends to enhance the current Visa system through: a new Entrepreneur’s Visa for entrepreneurs with innovative ideas and financial backing; pathways to permanent residence for post-graduate research... Read more » 21.01.2016 | Read more
- Business Review The end of another calendar year is a good time to do some thinking about what’s happening in your business. The first Business driver to be considered should probably be your Customer / Clients and questions to address are:- Is your business giving your clients a great experience? Are you developing efficient information and knowledge... Read more » 22.12.2015 | Read more
- Building a new home? Is it exempt from CGT? There is a concession in the CGT rules that can allow a taxpayer to treat a property as their “main residence” even though it does not yet have a dwelling. It is a widely recognised fact that a capital gains tax (CGT) exemption applies to a taxpayer’s principal or main residential property. And one of... Read more » 16.12.2015 | Read more
- 5 tips for a tax-free Christmas work party Christmas will be here before we know it, and it is likely that better organised employers will already be thinking about their work celebration preparations. While you should feel free to pop a champagne cork or three for your employees, make sure that you don’t get the tax hangover; particularly with fringe benefit tax and... Read more » 2.11.2015 | Read more
- SuperStream SuperStream is part of the government’s superannuation reform package. SuperStream will provide a consistent, reliable electronic method of transacting linked data and payments for superannuation. The goal is to improve the efficiency of the superannuation system, to improve the timeliness of processing of rollovers and contributions and reduce the number of lost accounts and unclaimed... Read more » 14.10.2015 | Read more