News & Events
The world of tax and business is everchanging.
We are committed to providing our clients and contacts with regular tax and business updates.
To receive these, we invite you to subscribe to our regular newsletters which you can do so from our homepage.
To view our current and past newsletters, please click on the Newsletter link.
- What’s the weak link in your business? Use this quick guide to identify any potential weak links in your business, or as a reminder of what to monitor and improve. More… 23.03.2017 | Read more
- Can salary sacrifice work for you? Salary sacrifice (or salary packaging) is where you agree to take part of your wage as a benefit of some kind, equal in value to the salary it is exchanged for. The upside in you doing this is that your income tax is then based only on the reduced amount of salary that results. More…. 23.03.2017 | Read more
- Deceased Estates: A brief guide to tying up the loose ends After a person dies, and the usual arrangements are completed, there will come a time when other matters, such as tax and superannuation issues, must be looked after. The person who takes on the responsibility for administering a deceased estate is commonly referred to as the executor or a legal personal representative. More…. 8.02.2017 | Read more
- Extend the festive cheer (but in a tax-efficient way) The festive season is here again. As with other years it is always brimming with the spirit of giving. The list of practical ways in which Australians spread goodwill is as endless as a Christmas wreath. The ATO also gets into the spirit of the season, but of course feels required to set some limits.... Read more » 7.12.2016 | Read more
- Christmas Party Decision Trees To view the Christmas party decision tree, Christmas Party examples from the ATO, Getting to or from the party decision tree, Christmas gift decision tree or new guidance on deductibility of client gifts from the ATO, click here. 7.12.2016 | Read more
- What Keeps You Awake At Night? Now, is a good a time as any to pose some questions to you about your current business performance. If any of these items are concerning you, especially if they are keeping you awake at night, please contact us for a discussion. More…. 25.11.2016 | Read more
- Don’t let a tax debt put you in a spin Whether you’re running a business or are just an individual trying to make ends meet, there is nothing worse than finding yourself in situation where you have a tax debt owing to the ATO, which most likely will also be accruing a general interest charge and perhaps even a shortfall interest charge. The Australian tax... Read more » 4.11.2016 | Read more
- Customer Surveys Have you considered conducting a customer survey? Customer surveys assist in getting feedback from one of the most important stakeholders in your business – your customers. You can gain feedback in a number of ways. Some very successful business people have specific times available to meet their customers and listen to their comments and feedbacks.... Read more » 19.10.2016 | Read more
- Controversial super change scrapped At the time of writing, the new Parliament released the first batch of proposed changes to the superannuation regime, and among these was the announcement that the proposed $500,000 lifetime non-concessional cap is to be scrapped. Recall that these measures were previously announced in the Federal Budget earlier this year before the election. More….. 5.10.2016 | Read more
- Foreign Resident CGT Withholding Capital Gains Tax Withholding applied from 1 July 2016 where taxable real Australian property with a market value greater than $2,000,000 (excluding GST) is disposed of. This is targeted at non-resident vendors; however, it applies to all vendors regardless of their tax residency status. The default position of the legislation is that all vendors are... Read more » 22.09.2016 | Read more