News & Events
The world of tax and business is everchanging.
We are committed to providing our clients and contacts with regular tax and business updates.
To receive these, we invite you to subscribe to our regular newsletters which you can do so from our homepage.
To view our current and past newsletters, please click on the Newsletter link.
- Change of Tax Commissioner There has been a change of Commissioner at the Australian Taxation Office. Michael D’Ascenzo AO ceased to be commissioner on 31 December 2012 and Chris Jordan AO commenced as the new Commissioner on 1 January 2013. 19.02.2013 | Read more
- Trusts: Their use and their structure A major motivation for the setting up of trusts is asset protection. Valuable property and other assets can be moved into a trust to isolate them from being exposed to litigation, for example, for protection from creditors, or to maintain an estate until a beneficiary becomes old enough to have legal possession. Click here to... Read more » 4.02.2013 | Read more
- Key Tax & Superannuation Changes in 2013 With the year end approaching, there are many tax and superannuation changes you can expect from January 1, 2013. The Dad and Partner pay will be available to eligibile working fathers and partners The SchoolKids Bonus replaces the Education Tax Refund The Government will limit eligibility for Family Tax Benefit Part A to young people... Read more » 4.12.2012 | Read more
- Are you a company director or an associate director? If you are a company director or an associate of a director, you are likely to be affected by changes to the Personal Liability for Corporate Fault Reform Bill 2012 which reduced the scope for companies to engage in fraudulent activity or evade their employee’s entitlements. The changes not only render company directors personally liable... Read more » 8.11.2012 | Read more
- Should you transfer your business premises into your SMSF? There can be some very attractive reasons to consider having the ownership of your business premises in the name of your self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) in many (but not all) instances. One of the primary reasons for making such a change is tax, and asset protection can also be another prudent motivator. As the business... Read more » 8.11.2012 | Read more
- Our website is now live Be sure to bookmark this page and re-visit on a regular basis as we continually update our content. 20.09.2012 | Read more