News & Events
The world of tax and business is everchanging.
We are committed to providing our clients and contacts with regular tax and business updates.
To receive these, we invite you to subscribe to our regular newsletters which you can do so from our homepage.
To view our current and past newsletters, please click on the Newsletter link.
- Business Trading Names & Registered Trademarks The national Business Names Register was introduced in 2012 and is managed by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). With the introduction of the national register, the Registrar of the Australian Business Register (ABR) stopped collecting and recording: Business names registered for an entity under the old state or territory laws; Unregistered names used... Read more » 21.05.2018 | Read more
- 2018 Federal Budget Undoubtedly the headline item from tonight is tax relief for individuals by lifting the 32.5% tax bracket to $90,000 from 1 July 2018 and the Government’s announcement of its intention abolish the 37% tax bracket in 2024-25. In the 2022-23 financial year we will also see the Low Income Tax Offset increased to $645 and... Read more » 10.05.2018 | Read more
- New Residential Property Sales post 30 June 2018 – GST Changes The legislation to introduce the purchaser GST withholding regime for supplies of new residential property – the Treasury Laws Amendment (2018 Measures No 1) Bill 2018 – has been passed by Parliament without amendment and is now law. The new regime will require purchasers of new residential premises and potential residential land to remit the... Read more » 19.04.2018 | Read more
- Bitcoin: Its place in your wallet or SMSF portfolio While bitcoin may be the most well-known cryptocurrency, there are nearly 1,500 in existence. In its simplest form, a cryptocurrency is a “peer-to-peer electronic cash system”, which means that the currency is not in a physical form like cash but sits in an electronic register. More…. 12.04.2018 | Read more
- GST Withholding Changes • Residential property and GST rules are changing and these changes, are going to cause a lot of cash flow problems for people that are in the residential property development area and those who use the GST margin scheme in their residential property development. More… 22.02.2018 | Read more
- Key Factors For Rescuing A Bad Debt Deduction It is very often the case that unpaid debts owed to a business can have a significant impact on cash flow and the ongoing profitability of a business. More… 1.02.2018 | Read more
- Stay Alert For Scams & Fraud The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is committed to educating taxpayers on how to protect themselves against tax scams and identity theft. More… 15.12.2017 | Read more
- Mediation For Family Business Family and business systems are fundamentally different. Put them together and everything from planning and problem solving to decision making and conflict resolution become more complicated. Mediation, using an independent expert to manage family negotiations, can help. More… 16.11.2017 | Read more
- Tax & Christmas Party Planning Christmas will be here before we know it, with smarter business owners already planning their end-of-year festivities. Celebrating the season can be team-building or just a bit of fun, but the well-prepared business owner will also know that a little tax planning can help make sure there’s no unforeseen tax problems. More… 6.11.2017 | Read more
- Business’ Duty Of Care The very unfortunate death of a 15-year-old boy whilst he was utilising weightlifting equipment whilst working out at a Brisbane gym has highlighted business management duty of care to ensure that business premises/workplaces are safe. More… 19.10.2017 | Read more