News & Events
The world of tax and business is everchanging.
We are committed to providing our clients and contacts with regular tax and business updates.
To receive these, we invite you to subscribe to our regular newsletters which you can do so from our homepage.
To view our current and past newsletters, please click on the Newsletter link.
- GST Withholding Changes • Residential property and GST rules are changing and these changes, are going to cause a lot of cash flow problems for people that are in the residential property development area and those who use the GST margin scheme in their residential property development. More… 22.02.2018 | Read more
- Key Factors For Rescuing A Bad Debt Deduction It is very often the case that unpaid debts owed to a business can have a significant impact on cash flow and the ongoing profitability of a business. More… 1.02.2018 | Read more
- Stay Alert For Scams & Fraud The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is committed to educating taxpayers on how to protect themselves against tax scams and identity theft. More… 15.12.2017 | Read more
- Mediation For Family Business Family and business systems are fundamentally different. Put them together and everything from planning and problem solving to decision making and conflict resolution become more complicated. Mediation, using an independent expert to manage family negotiations, can help. More… 16.11.2017 | Read more
- Tax & Christmas Party Planning Christmas will be here before we know it, with smarter business owners already planning their end-of-year festivities. Celebrating the season can be team-building or just a bit of fun, but the well-prepared business owner will also know that a little tax planning can help make sure there’s no unforeseen tax problems. More… 6.11.2017 | Read more
- Business’ Duty Of Care The very unfortunate death of a 15-year-old boy whilst he was utilising weightlifting equipment whilst working out at a Brisbane gym has highlighted business management duty of care to ensure that business premises/workplaces are safe. More… 19.10.2017 | Read more
- Cashflow Coaching Kit Launched by ATO Over the past 12 months, the ATO has been developing the Cashflow Coaching Kit, which has been trialled by select accountants with their small business clients across the country. The aim of this kit is to provide accountants with resources, flash cards and some basic ideas to help small business clients manage their cashflow which... Read more » 11.10.2017 | Read more
- Considering ride-sharing for income? Tips & traps Have you or someone you know considered taking up ride-sharing (also called ride-sourcing) to earn extra income, or even as an alternative form of employment? When providing ride-sharing services through Uber or GoCatch and other facilitators for a fare, there are things you will need to know, and traps you need to be aware of.... Read more » 4.10.2017 | Read more
- Do You Need To Lodge Your Tax Return Early? If you are planning to permanently move out of the country before the end of this financial year, you may be able to have your tax return lodged early. Generally, the ATO only accepts early lodgement of individual tax returns in certain circumstances. More… 5.09.2017 | Read more
- Guide To The Current Rules For Drivers Using A Mobile Phone Regardless of who owns the phone or the vehicle, if your employees use mobile phones for work communication, then you need a strong, up-to-date policy banning electronic device use while driving. Vehicle accidents are the leading cause of work fatalities and employees who use mobile phones for work while driving pose serious risks to themselves,... Read more » 18.08.2017 | Read more